It’s #NationalBurgerDay today. If you are worried about having that cheat meal a bit too early, we have you covered with this delicious and nutritious turkey burger recipe and some sweet potato chips/fries which are optional depending on how low carb your diet is this time of year.
Not only are these burgers low fat, each serving packs a massive 40g of protein!
What you will need:
• 500g turkey thigh mince
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 85g cheddar, grated
• 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips/fries
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 4 soft wholemeal bread rolls
• ¼ x cucumber
• tomato ketchup or bbq sauce
• salad, to serve (optional)
Prep and Cooking
1. turn the oven on to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the turkey in a large bowl, with the spring onions, low-fat cheddar and some seasoning. Mix well, then shape into 4 evenly sized burgers. Leave these to chill for 15 mins.
2. Put the sweet potato chips/fries on a large non-stick baking tray, add 2 tbsp of the oil and some salt or cajun seasoning. Cook in the oven for 30 mins, making sure you turn them halfway through.
3. Place a griddle pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers for 10 mins until golden brown. Turn them over and repeat for the other side. Cut the bread rolls in half and add the burgers into each with some sliced cucumber and a dollop of ketchup or bbq sauce, and serve with the sweet potato chips/fries and salad on the side. Finally, enjoy these awesome protein-packed burgers.
Macros (Per Serving)